10 Questions for Cross Cultural Effectiveness
We recently found that employees based in Asia at a hi-tech firm were angered by U.S. headquarters approach to business, yet no-one said anything and therefore no-one knew until it was too late. Retention in Asia and in other parts of the world has become a serious cross cultural challenge and in today’s war for global talent we must practice cultural agility. Companies can transform their business getting the answers they need to be competitive in the global marketplace.
Here are some of the questions leaders who want to spear-head cultural transformation should asking:
1) What do you your employees really think?
2) What motivates people to perform better?
3) How could virtual teamwork be improved?
4) Are your processes and procedures ethnocentric?
5) Why do people leave and go to a competitor?
6) Is email communication causing anger?
7) What attracts global talent to your organization?
8) Is social responsibility a factor for your customers?
9) Where are the barriers to innovation your team?
10) Are you truly thinking outside the box in terms of meeting customer demand?
For answers to these questions and to find out what you should know about doing business successfully across cultures: Contact Melissa